Last updated: 10 May 2017
What is Personal Information
How we collect Personal Information
Mesh & Masonry may collect information about you from a contact form, application form, registration form for Masher's Tool Club, order form, email or verbally if you contact us directly or from your access to our website or Facebook page.
You may interact with Mesh & Masonry without telling us who you are or revealing other Personal Information however this may impact our ability to provide you with the products or services you have requested.
Use of your Personal Information
Personal information will, generally, only be used for the primary purposes of:
- Processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- Conducting, improving, maintaining and developing a business relationship;
- Responding to individual’s enquiries; and
- Marketing (such as providing individuals with information about our products, services, promotional notices and offers).
Mesh and Masonry will not disclose personal information of an individual to third parties except
- to third parties appointed by Mesh & Masonry to assist in supplying products or services or who perform functions on Mesh & Masonry’s behalf, or
- Where required or authorised by law, or
- With the individual’s consent.
If you do not wish to receive commercial electronic messages from us, please let us know by following the ‘unsubscribe’ or ‘opt out’ instructions at the bottom of each email or message.
How we protect your Personal Information
Mesh & Masonry use commercially reasonable technical and physical measures to safeguard information in our possession against loss, theft and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification. Some of our data is hosted and managed outside Australia and in dealing with us, you consent to having any personal information accessible from or transmitted outside of Australia.
We train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you.
Mesh & Masonry provides products and services via its website. When you visit our website, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information allows us to monitor its performance and improve the website’s structure.
This policy does not extend beyond Mesh & Masonry’s website. When linking to other sites from our website we recommend you read the privacy statement of that website to familiarise yourself with its privacy principles.
Collection of Personal Financial Information
Accessing your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information Mesh & Masonry holds about you. Your right to access your personal information is not absolute. In some circumstances we are permitted to refuse access to personal information, such as where:
- Access would pose a serious threat to the life or health of any individual;
- Access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- The request is frivolous;
- The information relates to a commercially-sensitive decision-making process;
- Access would be unlawful; or
- Access may prejudice enforcement activities, a security function or commercial negotiations.
Mesh & Masonry reserves the right to recover from you its reasonable costs incurred in searching for and providing access to your personal information.
Privacy Complaints and Enquiries
Mesh & Masonry welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
To lodge a complaint, please get in touch with us via the methods identified below. We will review your concerns and get back to you as soon as practicable.
If you’re not satisfied with our handling of your complaint, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au .
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: The General Manager
Mesh & Masonry Supplies (Ballarat) Pty Ltd
105 Hertford Street
Sebastopol VIC 3356